See bed 17 for an example
1. Remove your water grid from your bed. PLEASE do not disconnect it from the water line. It will lift off to one side of the bed being careful not to step on it. If you break it or have an issue let us know.
2. Remove all waste, weeds, grass and large mulch sticks from the garden. The large pieces of mulch will pull nitrogen and poke holes in your plastic so be sure to get them all.
3. Work your soil to a good depth mounding the soil to the center of the bed.
4. Dig a trench along the bed walls saving the dirt you remove in buckets or wheel barrel. (This dirt will go back in the trench on top of the plastic to hold it in place)
5. Replace the water grid; leaving it on and water your bed with the hose thoroughly.
6. Lay plastic on top of your garden bed and seal the edges of the plastic with the soil you saved. The plastic needs to be hole free and as air tight as possible in order for the moist ground to heat up.
7. The plastic needs to stay in place for 30 to 45 days. At that point you will remove the plastic, move the water grid aside carefully, level soil and add your compost to your bed by working it into the soil 1 to 3 inches deep.
As always reach out to us if you have any questions!