Meeting topics included:
· We have increased watering times to each bed due to dryer/hotter weather.
· Usage of BT, insecticidal soaps and neem oils. We are having caterpillars, aphids and mildew problems. If you notice any changes in your plants appearances please report them. It takes all the gardeners to assist to make the garden a better experience for everyone.
· Reminding everyone that this is the best time of gardening. Our plants are producing at such a rate they need near daily attention. If everyone harvests on a regular basis the gardens will produce more than you ever dreamed. If you cannot harvest everything please let us know and we will harvest and take the produce to Good Samaritans. Good Sam has set up a record of our donations so please mention your donation is from ACCG. This report will show the amount of food we have provided. In return the records will aid in our request for donations to keep the garden funded.
· Please take notes now for your fall gardens and the number of plants each bed will accommodate. Check with your fellow gardeners about what they plan to plant this fall and sharing plants, so we do not have the urge to overplant.
· Joseph explained how to mix potting soil.
black cow manure
·Volunteers requested for the United Way food booth at the Art Festival, July 7 & 8, 3 hour shifts. If you are interested please call Kim McLain @ 790-5915.
First our tomato plants need assistance;
they are being uprooted due to their height and the high winds. Please tie the tomato rings to the inside of the beds utilizing cup hooks or a similar hardware. Please do not use nails due to the danger of someone being injured.
Your tomatoes will appreciate soft fabric to tie their limbs up to the tomato rings. If you use string it will saw the limbs into two pieces. Ouch! I have used old tee shirts ripped into strips or anything you have handy.
We are asking everyone to tie up their tomato plants that are over flowing to the walk ways and to bag & remove any garden wastes from the garden.
If you need assistance or have any questions, please do not hesitate to phone. We will be happy to meet you at the garden to help.
See you in the garden,